You are investing A LOT of money to provide benefits for your employees, but is your well-being program producing the results you hoped for?
An effective well-being program can have a big impact on healthcare costs and productivity, as well as lead to a happier, healthier workforce. Yet many organizations struggle to engage employees in their program and see measurable results. How can you create an effective program?
It takes more than incentives to get employees to engage in healthy behaviors.
Here are five great tips to help ensure your well-being program will create lasting change in your employees:
- Customize your program: Culture, vision, goals, and demographics vary from organization to organization, and even from location to location within an organization. Determine what “well-being” means for your company and develop a tailored, well thought out program that best supports your employee population.
- Engage leadership: Encourage leadership to champion and get personally involved in your well-being program. Senior leaders have a significant influence on organizational culture and can help establish the importance of well-being to your organization.
- Communication is key: Effective communication is a vital component of any successful program. Make sure all elements of your well-being program are fully and consistently communicated – the more channels and touchpoints, the better.
- Support a culture of well-being: Incorporate well-being initiatives throughout your organization, such as healthy vending machines, walking meetings, flexible schedule and weekly yoga sessions to show employees you genuinely care. By demonstrating a commitment to health and well-being, you will help pave the way for employees to adopt sustainable lifestyle changes.
- Measure it so you can manage it: Monitoring and analyzing your well-being program regularly will help ensure its success. Data can be used to determine the strengths and weaknesses of your program and identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
The benefits of an effective workplace well-being program are endless. By incorporating the tips above, you will be well on your way to creating a happier, healthier more engaged workforce.